Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bryanna & Mackenzie's Lemonade Stand



There is nothing more American to me than little kids who have roadside stands.  I love seeing children trying to make money by selling something.


Long ago I vowed that I will always try to stop at these stands.  Maybe it is a distant memory of doing it myself and the very few people who took the time. Or maybe it is just that I want to reward kids who have left the inside of their homes to do something productive.


Either way, I stop.


Bryanna & Mackenzie were hard at work at their stand - selling lemonade and cookies for 25c each. The one girl's father stood nearby, telling me that they were not sisters but the bestest of friends.


I was the last customer of the day so my quarter lemonade was filled to the brim. I sat in the shade and watched them packing up their stand. They seemed pretty pleased with themselves with a cup of quarters.


I have no doubt that they made far less than the dad paid to get them setup in their little "business".  What mattered most were the lessons they learned and the memories they made that day. To them, they were rich with that red Solo cup of change!  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment