Monday, January 9, 2012

Crossfit - Sucking Badly



The people at Corps Fitness are generally pretty friendly and affirming.  I really appreciated the folks who circled back to help me complete my WODs.

I very quickly realized I was outgunned as a newbie. I am not an owners manual reader unless it is something important. Crossfit is important.

The defining moment that made me decide I needed to get some instruction on Crossfit basics was the Saturday when several of my Crossfitting friends came to do the WOD.

It was the final competition day and the non-competitors were given a seperate WOD. I felt like I was utterly sucky as we did the whole WOD in the great outdoors.

When the pics went up I was seen in two of the three - bent over and sucking wind. That was a defining moment and I vowed to never again be seen in the majority of pics as bent over dying guy.

I also decided I needed to take a break and find a true basic training program somewhere. Crossfit Lancaster requires all of their new people to do a 9-12 session intro "Onramp" class.

The time was now to learn the basics first. Avoid those training scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment