Monday, January 9, 2012

Why Is That Light On?

I couldnt sleep last night. I laid in bed, wide awake, from about 2:45AM to 3:30AM.  Finally I decided to go downstairs. When I got to the kitchen I noticed the motion-activated light to our basement was on.

The light is pretty sensitive but only activates to adult-sized activity on the stairs. There is the possibility that the switch was ON and the light had been on all night. I waited and a few minutes later it went off. First thought? Not good.

I was reasonably certain that nobody had been in the downstairs as I would have heard them. I could not think of any reason for the motion light to be on unless someone set it off.

I quickly made my way upstairs and woke Jul. Telling her what was up I had her grab her iphone and come downstairs with me. The Glock was already armed with the red magazine home defense mix. A round was chambered and I proceeded downstairs to see what was up. After clearing the basement, bathroom, shower, new gym and then the garage I knew nobody was there.

For that I was thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment