Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mexican Gut Truck


In spite of having doubts about the sanitation of some workers in mobile food trucks, I have always patronized them.  I remember a 'roach coach' that serviced a military post being open for business as my platoon came back to civilization after being in the woods for a week or more.  I plopped down a few handfuls of sweaty money and slammed cold gatorades and ate hot food.

On my annual pilgrimage to the west coast I once got up way before my travelling buddies and was walking around outside. We were near Hollywood and there was a job site across the street.  Guys were lined up at a 'gut truck' so I jumped in line.  The Mexican food from that van was delicious and my mouth still waters thinking of it - all these years later.

Recently I ate breakfast at the Mexican Paradise truck near Indiantown Gap [ parked at Fisher Ave and Rt 72 near the Wendy's ].  My breakfast was homemade and quite good. The price was cheap and the server was friendly. Very legit Mexican food smack dab in the middle of an area that still boasts a lot of people with heavy PA Dutch accents. If you are ever in this neck of the woods try their food. I would bet their lunch grub is as good as the breakfast was.

No comments:

Post a Comment