Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crossfit West Chester, Philly Steaks Wit


If you aren't nervous before a workout, it's not hard enough


PB has never had a Philly steak in Philly so for a couple of weeks we have been planning a trip down for lunch.  Of course there is almost a 100% chance that any trip like this will include hashing or geocaching and now Crossfit.  So we looked at possible WOD times are nearby boxes and decided on the 0900 one at CF-West Chester. 



After working a 12hr night shift and having no sleep the night before I was already 24hrs into being awake.  I knew I could make this mission happen but it would probably be a real gut check.

We made great time to WC and arrived to see most of the 0830 group.  Cool box with very high ceilings in the typical out of the way garage/office complex.  Oddly enough they had a dog school right next door so it was just like being at Lancaster!


WOD 2/7/12

15-12-9
Thruster (155/115)
Burpee over Bar

Then...

7Min Amrap
5 Squat Clean (155/115)
10 Toes through rings

Trainer Kenny did a pretty good job of going through the group and helping each person.  I learned several new things.  Definitely some technique stuff but also was very surprised at how well toes through rings went (vs TTB or KTE).  I look forward to trying them again soon.  Surprisingly I stayed awake and alert and did OK. PB rocked it out as the devoted Crossfitter she is.

After the WOD (and the sweating and panting ended) I bought a CF-West Chester shirt that has Pukey on the back.  Haven't puked in the box but the memory of my first ever WOD are still fresh in my mind.  :p

Following the WOD we charlie-miked and headed to Philly.   The sun was out and the weather was very mild for February.  We tried both Geno's and Pat's.  Plenty of room to sit.


 
The funniest thing was the lady who rooted through her pocket book and held up the line. The money guy was perturbed and when she whipped out her credit card. The guy said, "We only take cash. That card is as worthless here as a Jap on a Harley".  She was utterly flabbergasted.


Both steaks were good but I think my favorite, in spite of the fat, is Pat's.

No comments:

Post a Comment