Sunday, March 4, 2012

Skydiving

The t-shirt proclaimed, "I jumped with the Bear!" and several of my friends proudly wore theirs. The year was so long ago that I really couldn't give you a date if I absolutely had to.

One Saturday a bunch of my friends went skydiving at Maytown, PA and 'earned' their shirts. I can't remember why I did not go although I know for certain it wasn't because of a lack of interest. Like many things in life it was something I declared I would soon get to.

It has been DECADES and I still have not gone skydiving.  My THINGS TO DO IN THIS LIFETIME BOOK now has 681 entries and "Go Skydiving" is #003. That means it was entered around 1998 (which was probably 10 yrs after they jumped with the Bear - whoever he was).


When the Google Offers included a $129 tandem jump (the Bear had them do a static line jump) I decided I would finally get around to it. 

A tandem is not my ideal first jump but the 1hr instruction was appealing vs the 6-8 for a solo dive.

Surprisingly, almost everyone in my family believes I am going to splatter myself on the ground. I hope that doesn't happen and I really am not worried about it.

The skydiving center opens in two weeks.  I will give them a few days to work through any chutes that may have dry-rotted over the winter and then I will be there. And I can check off one of the oldest goals in my Life Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment