Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tea, Glorious Tea


Dietary changes and more PT have caused 10 pounds to be removed from my body. I have given up most sweets and Dr Pepper (haven't had a Coke or Pepsi in 10+ years). 

Tea is a different story. I will never stop drinking hot tea and the Dandelion tea I now enjoy is nothing but healthful.  "Convenience" teas are a different story.

Primarily I cling to Snapple and my new found Sweet Leaf.  After seeing a graphic the other day about the grotesque amount of sugar in Snapple I thought I would compare the two.

Snapple costs $1.59 for 16oz bottle. Thats 10c an ounce.

Sweet Leaf: $1.19/ 15.5oz can = 7c an ounce

Snapple & SL both use real cane sugar. Snapple is made from "the best stuff on Earth". SL is organic

 
Snapple has 39g of sugar while SL sweet tea has 32g.  The peach tea may have less.

 
So, for now I guess I will reduce the convenience teas in general and cut out Snapple all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment